There are many reasons why we should protect and support our bees but these are my top five. Feel free to add to them in the comments below.
- Over 80% of the food crops have been pollinated by bees.
- Bees also pollinate cotton crops used to make our clothes
- Propolis, the resin bees collect from trees, has naturally occurring antibiotic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The substance secreted by bees to feed potential new queens is called Royal Jelly and has been found to boost the immune system and help fight various medical conditions.
- Honey is a great skin healer and is used in many skin care products.