It’s time for the February Green Bean Challenge, round-up! We’ve been finding lots of different ways to clean this month and we’ve even tried some great new eco-friendly products. Here’s a round-up of some of the things we tried:
- Use essential oils as a more natural way to keep your home smelling fresh
- Use white vinegar to clean your taps and keep them sparking.
- Mix up some bicarbonate of soda, white vinegar and water to make a simple, chemical free, multi-purpose cleaner.
- Use good old bicarbonate of soda again to unblock your drains.
- If all else fails Hydrogen Peroxide will get a really stubborn stain out and is much more friendly to the environment.
(All posts on the above can be found under the Green Bean Challenge tab at the top of the page.)
Remember to beware of greenwashing and if you really don’t want to try the above methods to clean then there are some great eco-friendly alternatives.
Tomorrow a new Green Bean Challenge starts but cleaning without chemicals doesn’t have to stop there. Why not try just swapping one of your cleaning products for an eco-friendly one. Every little thing makes a difference.
We would love to know what you’ve tried to do this month and what you’re going to carry on doing next month so let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget everything little green bean thing you do, adds up to a whole hill of beans!