…five alternative ways to clean without bleach!
One of the things mummy bean often hears when she’s talking about cleaning with less chemicals is ‘what does the same job as bleach?‘ It’s one of the hardest things to change for many people and often requires extra elbow grease. The truth is you need extra elbow grease anyway or all the bleach is doing, is exactly that; bleaching the stain. So here’s five ways to clean without bleach.
- Mold on bathroom tiles: Make a thick paste with bicarbonate of soda and vinegar, take an old toothbrush and use it to scrubs the paste into the tiles. Rinse and repeat.
- Blocked drains: Take a good handful of bicarbonate of soda and approximately 120ml of white vinegar. Pour into the sink/toilet and leave for fifteen minutes. Rinse/flush with boiling water.
- Laundry disinfectant: Tea tree oil has antibacterial qualities and so why not add 2 tsp to your wash. If you don’t like the smell of Tea tree try Grapefruit seed extract and add 1 tsp of this.
- Stained sinks and porcelain: dry the sink. Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda around the sink. Use some eco-friendly washing up liquid on a sponge and scrub the sink. You can add salt if the baking soda is doing the job.
- Natural Whitening: Hydrogen peroxide whitens really stubborn stains.
All these alternatives have been found on the internet. If you have alternatives to bleach please add them below in the comments, we’d love to know how you clean without chemicals.