It’s time for the October Green Bean Challenge, round up!
So what have I learnt about saving energy? Here are ten simple things that you can do:
- Have one day a week without the television or computer.
- Use an energy metre to measure how much energy you’re using.
- Use timer switches on your appliances.
- Use energy saving light bulbs, LED lighting or, for the garden, solar power.
- If possible, turn your heating thermostat down by one degree.
- Have a shower rather than a bath.
- Use your kitchen appliances on the Eco setting and the lowest temperature possible.
- Make your own draft excluder
- Take your appliances off standby.
- Use a water butt in and watering can in the garden rather than a hose.
(All posts on the above can be found under the Green Bean Challenge tab at the top of the page.)
Whats great is, all these ways of saving energy, also save you money!
The voice and I are going to keep trying to reduce our energy consumption and when we find new ways of doing it, we’ll be sure to let you know.
We would love to know what you’ve tried to do this month and what you’re going to carry on doing next month so let us know in the poll below. Don’t forget everything little green bean thing you do, adds up to a whole hill of beans!