The other day the voice wanted to make a dessert for some voices when they were visiting. Because of her baby-brain she did not have the correct ingredients for Bread and Butter Pudding, so made this version of it instead. It made me wriggle: lots!
Cherry & Muffin Butter Pudding
- 2 x Plain English muffins (100g in total)
- Butter for greasing and spreading on muffins
- 50g glacé cherries, washed.
- 400ml almond milk
- 3 x large eggs (only use two eggs, if using cow’s milk)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Grease a suitable sized dish.
- Slice the muffins thinly and butter.
- Layer the muffins and cherries alternately, and sprinkle each layer with nutmeg.
- Mix egg and milk together and pour over the layers.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and leave for 30 mins or until milk has soaked into muffins.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and if you’re feeling really bad, serve with lashing of cream or custard.
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have a question, please leave a comment in the box below and I will try to help. If you make it, I’d love to know what you thought and please feel free to leave a picture of your creation in the comments box below.