- 300g Organic Beef
- 1 Organic red onion, diced.
- 2 Kallo Organic Low Salt stock cubes
- 1 tsp ground ginger or fresh if you have it.
- 1tsp Smoked Garlic granules
- Olive Oil for frying
- Any veg that needs eating up from your Riverford Vegbox
- Warm slow cooker as required
- Heat oil in frying pan and seal beef
- Transfer beef to slow cooker
- Fry onion for 2-3 minutes, in juices left in frying pan.
- Transfer onion to slow cooker.
- Prepare veg you are using in the stew and place in slow cooker.
- Add Kallo stock cubes, garlic granules and ginger to 500ml of boiling water.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8hrs.
- Once cooked, thicken sauce with cornflour if required. Remember to add cornflour slowly and to continue stirring to avoid lumps.
- Served with boiled or steamed spring greens.
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have a question, please leave a comment in the box below and I will try to help. If you make it I’d love to know what you thought and please feel free to leave a picture of your creation in the comments box below.