The Voice doesn’t just read books for advice, she also gets a lot of unsolicited commentary. People say the strangest things and whilst many of them are well-meaning here are just a few no,nos:
In the last five months I’ve experience the joy and the terror of announcing I’m pregnant. Based on my experience, here are a few things you should not say to a pregnant mother, especially if it’s the first time she’s been pregnant.
- I had to have twenty stitches and two pints of blood when I gave birth to my first – Seriously? Why do you want to scare the hell out of first-time pregnant mother’s?
- It doesn’t matter – Whatever it is, when you’re pregnant everything matters do not delude yourself that the pregnant lady even considers they might not be being rational. You are being irrational in this statement!
- Your life’s going to change – an obvious one that gets very boring. Of course it’s going to change, it already has, have you seen my wardrobe? And I can’t have my lobster and Champagne anymore! Try something different like screaming and running away.
- Five months? You’re huge/small (delete as applicable)- Do not comment on this, just smile and say nothing, move on, it’s best.
- You’re a bit faddy with your food – Honestly, this is not my fault, it’s the hormones. Do not mess with the hormones!
Picture via http://www.123rf.com